The EFORT Congress Scientific Awards
The EFORT Congress Scientific Awards
A congress is always as good as its presentations are. In this regard the EFORT congress can always rely on the contributions of experts all over Europe and even worldwide.
The EFORT Congress Scientific Awards are selected among the many high-quality abstracts submitted to the congress. Traditionally, EFORT awards every year the Free Paper and Jacques Duparc (poster) Awards, as well as the the Michael Freeman Award since 2018. This latter award was created in memory of Professor Michael Freeman, one of the founding fathers of EFORT and EFORT President 1994 to 1995, to honor his lifetime contribution to both the European and the International Orthopaedic Community after he passed away in September 2017.
The 40 best-rated free papers, 20 each in orthopaedics and trauma, were given the option of competing for the EFORT Free Paper Award. Among all submitted presentations, the EFORT Award Committee has chosen three winners in each of the two categories: gold, silver and bronze. On top of international recognition by peers, award winners also receive a financial reward.
Among 30 pre-selected competing posters accepted for presentation within the Virtual EFORT Congress scientific programme, the 10 best-rated submissions receive the Jacques Duparc Award, which includes a financial grant and a certificate to acknowledge the work of each co-author having contributed to the abstract content.
We strongly believe that the EFORT Awards annual competition contributes to engage more attendees in regards to the development of the scientific content and to create a research culture within the O&T community.
EFORT Congress Istanbul 2013 | Scientific Awards Winners
On the occasion of the 14th EFORT Congress Istanbul 2013, EFORT awarded the three best free papers from the congress’ free paper sessions. And the winners are:
- Prospective randomized multicentric trial comparing a static implant and a dynamic implant in the surgical treatment of ankle syndesmosis rupture
Stephane Pelet (Canada) | EFORT eScience 2013 session online
- Experimental tendon regeneration of rotator cuff tears with autologous tenocytes and a biodegradable collagen-based scaffold in sheep model – First results
Björn Peter Roßbach (Germany) | EFORT eScience 2013 session online
On the occasion of the 14th EFORT Congress Istanbul 2013, EFORT awarded the ten best e-posters. EFORT is proud to announce the winners as follows:
- Synovial chondrosarcoma arising in primary synovial chondromatosis: A tertiary unit experience.
by Scott Evans (England)
- Subcutaneously Administered Exenatide (a Glucagon Like Peptide-1 Analogue) On The Recovery Of Nerve In A Rat Sciatic Nerve Damage Model.
by Ersin Kuyucu (Turkey)
- Long-term follow-up after successful treatment of Dupuytren’s contracture with collagenase Clostridium histolyticum: patterns of recurrence 3 years later.
by F. Thomas D. Kaplan (USA)
- Expression of Vitamin D Receptor (VDR) responsive genes in paravertebral muscles of Juvenile and Adolescent Idiopathic Scoliosis.
by Roman Nowak (Poland)
- What causes the decreased dislocation rate of larger femoral heads in total hip arthroplasty? Range of Motion, Jump Distance or Stability due to atmospheric pressure? An experimental study.
by Torsten Prietzel (Germany)
- The Outcome of revised Resurfacing Arthroplasty.
by Stephen Ellis Graves (Australia)
- Trends in patient physical activity before and after primary THA.
by Anne Lübbeke (Switzerland)
- Elective Knee replacement related litigation in the UK: Patient safety in surgery.
by Vishal Patel (UK)
- Influence of femoral block on quadriceps strength recovery (QSR) after total knee replacement.
by Stéphane Pelet (Canada)
- The introduction of an orthogeriatric service to a large teaching hospital Improves outcomes for elderly patients with a proximal femoral fracture.
by Mark Thomas Roger Gaden (UK)
On the occasion of the 14th EFORT Congress Istanbul 2013, EFORT awarded the best presentation. EFORT is proud to announce the winner as follows:
- The analysis of hip fracture management after the introduction of “Fast track” scheme.
by Rasa Valaviciene (Lithuania)
On the occasion of the 14th EFORT Congress Istanbul 2013, EFORT awarded the best free paper of the Tribology Day. EFORT is proud to announce the winner as follows:
- Comparing large diameter Metal-on-Metal and Ceramic-on-Ceramic Total hip replacement.
by Tiago Barbosa (Portugal)