Clinical Reports should refer to ONE SINGLE clinical case presenting scientific value for the use of a specific treatment or technique. A specific categorisation for this type of work has been created within the abstracts submission platform.
The work needs to be scheduled for 5 minutes of presentation and 5 minutes of discussion with the audience. Only 4 to 5 slides should be presented as follows:
- Presentation of case (1 to 2 slides)
- Problem to face (1 slide)
- Solutions (1 to 2 slides)
In addition the following rules need to be follow:
- Speakers must adhere strictly to the scheduled times according to the programme.
- Only computer projection will be available.
- No overhead or slide projectors will be available in the meeting rooms, and it will not be possible to use personal laptops.
- The use of USB pens or memory sticks is advisable to upload presentations easily.
- Speakers are kindly requested to use PowerPoint MS Office (Windows or Mac) with slide size set as Widescreen 16:9. Presentations prepared with Keynote and Prezi can also be accepted but additional technical support might be required on-site. Authors in this situation should anticipate an earlier upload of the material at the Speakers Preview Center.
- We recommend using “.gif” and “.jpg” formats for images. Other types of extension are accepted but prior advice from our technical team on-site is required. Please send a detailed request to [email protected] before preparing the presentation.
- MPEG2 is the preferred format for embedded movies, but *.avi, *.wmv are also accepted. If Codecs are used, the Code package DIVx in the current version should be chosen. This can be found at www.divx.com.
- Confirm that all the necessary files are in the SAME FOLDER as your presentation.
- Use large fonts (the minimum font size should be 18 points): Times New Roman, Arial and Verdana fonts are recommended.
- Enclosure of a disclaimer at the bottom of the ending slide (Acknowledgment, Summary, or Question & Answer Session slide) is recommended. One of the following disclaimers should be stated in the presentation, depending on the situation of the authors:
- The author declares that the research for and communication of this independent body of work does not constitute any financial or other conflict of interest, or
- The author declares that a conflict of interest exists in respect of this work owing to his/her duties as [position] for [company name], and the potential subsequent financial ties arising from this position (including payment for current or future research, ownership of stock and stock options, fees for advice or public speaking, consulting, service on advisory boards or for medical training companies, and receipt of patents or patents pending).
All Clinical Reports correctly validated will be included in the scientific programme of the 20th EFORT Annual Congress Lisbon 2019.
Electronic material for presentations is uploaded directly at the congress venue, at the Speaker Preview Centre on the following schedule:
- Tuesday 04 June – from 14.00 to 18.00
- Wednesday 05 June – from 07.00 to 18.00
- Thursday 06 June – from 07.00 to 18.00
- Friday 07 June – from 07.00 to 18.00
Technical assistance will be provided and material can be edited/updated at working stations on-site. Certificates for oral presentations are delivered on site once the presentation upload has been performed.
Pre-upload of presentation will be available from mid-May 2019. All confirmed presenting authors will receive an email with the guidelines for online pre-upload. The pre-upload on this platform is not mandatory but recommended in order to avoid queuing at the Speaker Preview Centre on site.
If you are giving more than one speech during the Congress, you may upload all your presentations at the same time and they will be sent to the corresponding session hall at the time of your session.
For any further information please contact EFORT Scientific Coordination at: Tel. +41 21 343 44 05 | Fax +41 21 343 44 11 | e-mail: [email protected]