DEBATE FORA (DF)
DETAILED INFORMATION | Session structure
The Debate Forum will cover controversial topics where opinions/philosophies in the professional world may differ. A moderator will lead the debate between two invited speakers.
A short introduction to the topic will be followed by a presentation on each of the diverging positions and a statement why the speaker thinks that the opponent’s opinion is wrong. This format will polarize and encourage a lively discussion. A strong take-home message is generated.
Duration: 60 minutes
- 5-minute topic introduction and general comments by the moderator.
- 10-minute presentation by each of the two speakers, favouring their treatment / philosophy with support from the literature.
- 5-10 minute presentation by the two speakers on why they think the opponent’s philosophy / treatment is wrong.
- Cemented vs non-cemented stems for the elderly patient.
- With or without patella-resurfacing in TKA.