The EFORT Congress Scientific Awards
The EFORT Congress Scientific Awards
A congress is always as good as its presentations are. In this regard the EFORT congress can always rely on the contributions of experts all over Europe and even worldwide.
The EFORT Congress Scientific Awards are selected among the many high-quality abstracts submitted to the congress. Traditionally, EFORT awards every year the Free Paper and Jacques Duparc (poster) Awards, as well as the the Michael Freeman Award since 2018. This latter award was created in memory of Professor Michael Freeman, one of the founding fathers of EFORT and EFORT President 1994 to 1995, to honor his lifetime contribution to both the European and the International Orthopaedic Community after he passed away in September 2017.
The 40 best-rated free papers, 20 each in orthopaedics and trauma, were given the option of competing for the EFORT Free Paper Award. Among all submitted presentations, the EFORT Award Committee has chosen three winners in each of the two categories: gold, silver and bronze. On top of international recognition by peers, award winners also receive a financial reward.
Among 30 pre-selected competing posters accepted for presentation within the Virtual EFORT Congress scientific programme, the 10 best-rated submissions receive the Jacques Duparc Award, which includes a financial grant and a certificate to acknowledge the work of each co-author having contributed to the abstract content.
We strongly believe that the EFORT Awards annual competition contributes to engage more attendees in regards to the development of the scientific content and to create a research culture within the O&T community.
EFORT Congress London 2014 | Scientific Awards Winners
On the occasion of the 15th EFORT Congress London 2014, EFORT awarded the three best free papers from the congress' free paper sessions.
And the winners are:
Effectiviness Of Hyaluronic Acid For Mild To Modate Osteoarthritis Of The Knee. A Randomized Clinical Trial Of Fermathron Plus Versus Placebo
By Walter Van Der Weegen (Netherlands) | e-Science 2014 session online
Unicompartmental And Total Knee Replacement For Osteoarthritis Of The Knee: A Cost-Utility Analysis Using Data From Three National Registries
By Barry Andrews (United Kingdom) | e-Science 2014 session online
On the occasion of the 15th EFORT Congress London 2014, EFORT has again awarded the ten best e-posters. EFORT is proud to announce the Jacques Duparc Award winners as follows:
- Age-Related Prevalence Of Femoroacetabular Impingement Morphology
By Yoshihito Mochizuki (Japan)
- Positive Cultures In Reimplantation Surgery
By José Cordero-Ampuero (Spain)
- Patellofemoral Resurfacing And Circumferential Denervation In Primary Total Knee Arthroplasty: A Systematic Review And Network Meta-Analysis
By Alisara Amy Arirachakaran (Thailand)
- Is Arthroscopy For Treatment Of Tibial Plateau Fractures Necessary?
By Alexandre Sitnik (Belarus)
- Epidemiology Of Paediatric Orthopaedic Trauma Presenting Over A Five Year Period Via Emergency Trauma Calls To A Level 1 Trauma Centre In An Urban Children's Hospital
By Jamila Kassam (United Kingdom)
- Coxa Profunda Does Not Correlate With Acetabular Depth But With Inward Rotation Of The Pelvis In Hip Dysplasia
By Masanori Fujii (Japan)
- The Effect Of Becoming A Major Trauma Centre On The Management Of Elderly Hip Fracture Patients
By Lynne V Barr (United Kingdom)
- The Management Of Warfarin Reversal For Fractured Neck Of Femur Patients Requiring Acute Surgery: A Matched Cohort Study
By Thomas Steven Moores (United Kingdom)
- Challenges In Managing Paediatric Osteomyelitis In The Developing World: Experience Of A Tertiary Referral Centre In Tanzania
By Adam M Ali (United Kingdom)
- Low Expression Of TLR-1, -2, -4 And IL-2, -2R, -10, -10R In Pseudosynovial Tissues Obtained From Aseptically Failed Total Hip And Knee Arthroplasty
By Jiri Gallo (Czech Republic)
On the occasion of the 15th EFORT Congress London 2014, EFORT awarded the best presentation. EFORT is proud to announce the winner as follows:
- Acute Limb Compartment Syndrome And Neurovascular Assessment - Coming To A Consensus
By Hannah Pugh (United Kingdom) | e-Science 2014 session online
On the occasion of the 15th EFORT Congress London 2014, EFORT awarded the best free paper of the Tribology Day. EFORT is proud to announce the winner as follows:
On the occasion of the 15th EFORT Congress London 2014, EFORT awarded the best free paper of the Trauma Award. EFORT is proud to announce the winner as follows:
- The Importance Of Fibular Clamp Position On Syndesmotic Reduction
By David J. Hak (United States of America) | e-Science 2014 session online