The EFORT Congress Scientific Awards
A congress is always as good as its presentations are. In this regard the EFORT congress can ever rely on the experts all over Europe and even worldwide.
The EFORT Congress Scientific Awards are selected among the many high-quality abstracts submitted to the congress. Among the traditional Free Paper and Jacques Duparc (poster) Awards, in 2018 EFORT introduced the Michael Freeman Award. The latter was created in memory of Professor Michael Freeman, one of the founding fathers of EFORT and EFORT President 1994 to 1995, to honor his lifetime contribution to both the European and the International Orthopaedic Community after he passed away in September 2017.
EFORT Congress Prague 2015 | Scientific Awards Winners
On the occasion of the 16th EFORT Congress Prague 2015, EFORT awarded the three best free papers from the congress' free paper sessions.
And the winners are:
- Ceramic-Ceramic Versus Contralateral Ceramic-Polyethylene In Patients Younger Than Thirty: A 30 Years Follow-Up
By Philippe Hernigou (France) | EFORT e-Science 2015 Session Online
- Acetabular Revision With Bone Impaction Grafting And A Cemented Polyethylene Cup; Comparison Of The Kaplan-Meier Analysis To The Competing Risk Analysis In 62 Revisions After 25 To 30 Years Follow-Up
By Martijn Te Stroet (Netherlands) | EFORT e-Science 2015 Session Online
- A Biphasic Apatite/ Sulphate Bone Substitute, Cerament™ Induces Bone In A Skeletal Muscle Cell Line
By Deepak Bushan Raina (India) | EFORT e-Science 2015 Session Online
On the occasion of the 16th EFORT Congress Prague 2015, EFORT has again awarded the ten best e-posters. EFORT is proud to announce the Jacques Duparc Award winners as follows:
- If Your Lump Is Bigger Than A Golf Ball And Growing, Think Sarcoma
By Rajpal Singh Nandra (United Kingdom)
- Mal-Alignment After Minimal Invasive Plate Osteosynthesis In Distal Femoral Fractures
By Chang-Wug Oh (Republic of Korea)
- The Effect Of Tranexamic Acid On Transfusion Rates, Length Of Hospital Stay In Total Joint Arthroplasty
By James Waddell (Canada)
- Periarticular Multimodal Drug Injection Is Better Than Single Anesthetic Drug In Controlling Pain After TKA: A Double Blinded RCT
By Nattapol Tammachote (Thailand)
- Temperature Distribution During Radiofrequency Ablation
By Rahel Bornemann (Germany)
- Femoral Nerve Block Versus Periarticular Injection In Primary Total Knee Arthroplasty
By Bartolomé Luis Allende (Argentina)
- Is Above-Elbow Cast Better Than Below-Elbow Cast For Orthopaedic Management Of Distal Radius Fracture? A Randomized Study
By Marta Cuenca Llavall (Spain)
- A Simple Method Of Isolation Of Polyethylene Debris From Periprosthetic Tissues Using Silicon Wafer Deposition
By Lukasz Lapaj (Poland)
- Loosening Of The Iliosacral Screw Used In Pelvic Ring Injury
By Joon-Woo Kim (Republic of Korea)
- Early Effective Analgesia For Traumatic Rib Fractures: Is Timing A Priority?
By Saggah Tarek Shalabi (United Kingdom)
On the occasion of the 16th EFORT Congress Prague 2015, EFORT has awarded the best presentation. EFORT is proud to announce the winner as follows:
- Going Home The Day After Total Hip Replacement – Are The Patients Still Satisfied?
By Charlotte Troldborg (Sweden) | EFORT e-Science 2015 Session Online
On the occasion of the 16th EFORT Congress Prague 2015, EFORT has awarded the best free paper of the Trauma Award. EFORT is proud to announce the winner as follows:
- Time To Definitive Fixation Of Hip Fractures: A Look At Outcomes Based Upon Delay
By Nikolaos A. Stavropoulos (United States) | EFORT e-Science 2015 Sessions Online