Travel to VIE23
The Vienna International Airport, Wien-Schwechat (in German: Flughafen Wien-Schwechat; IATA code :VIE., ICAO code: LOWW) is the international airport of Vienna, the capital of Austria, located in Schwechat, 18 km (11 mi) southeast of central Vienna and 57 kilometres (35 mi) west of Bratislava (Slovakia).
Getting out or going to the Vienna Airport:
- By Airport Train – CAT
The City Airport Train / CAT takes just 16 minutes direct from central Vienna to the airport and vice versa. The CAT operates daily from 05:36 AM to 23:36 PM, every 30 minutes. The City Airport Train station is just 10 minutes from St. Stephan’s Cathedral at Wien Mitte station, which can be reached easily by tram, underground, bus or taxi.
To reach the Congress Center from Wien Mitte station, take the U4 line in direction Heiligenstadt, get out at Schottenring, take the U2 line in direction Seestadt and get off at stop Messe/Prater.
- By Regional Buses
Vienna Airport Lines (Postbus) connects Vienna Airport with the main Vienna transport hubs. The 3 Vienna Airport Lines serve all of Vienna’s underground railway lines and also Wien West and Wien Meidling railway stations. Buses to the city centre (Morzinplatz/Schwedenplatz) run 24 hours a day; journey time is 20 minutes. Check the Vienna airport map to locate the departure points at the airport.
- By Taxi
Taxi stands are located outside the arrival terminals. It takes around 20-25 minutes to/from the city centre.
More information: http://www.viennaairport.com/en/passengers
The City Airport Train / CAT takes just 16 minutes direct from central Vienna to the airport and vice versa. The CAT operates daily from 05:36 am to 23:36 pm, every 30 minutes.
The City Airport Train station is just 10 minutes from St. Stephan’s Cathedral at Wien Mitte station, which can be reached easily by tram, underground, bus or taxi.
To reach the Messe Wien Exhibition & Congress Center, the EFORT Congress venue, from Wien Mitte station, please proceed as following:
- take the U4 line in direction Heiligenstadt,
- get out at Schottenring,
- take the U2 line in direction Seestadt,
- and get off at stop Messe/Prater.
- If you arrive from the South, take the motorway Südautobahn A2 > Südosttangente A23 direction Praha/Brno > exit at Handelskai/Messezentrum.
- If you arrive from the East, take the motorway Ostautobahn A4 > Südosttangente A23 direction Praha/Brno > exit at Handelskai/ Messezentrum.
- If you arrive from the West, take the motorway Westautobahn A1 > at the Steinhäusl junction take Außenringautobahn A21 > then, at the Vösendorf / Südosttangente junction take the A23 direction Praha/Brno > exit at Handelskai/Messezentrum.
- If you arrive from the North, follow the motorway Donauuferautobahn A22 > exit at Reichsbrücke direction Zentrum > after the bridge, turn left at the first traffic light into Vorgartenstraße and drive to the junction to Ausstellungsstraße.
Parking facilities in and around the Reed Messe Wien Exhibition & Congress Center:
Public Transport within Vienna to Reed Messe Wien Exhibition & Congress Center
Vienna has a well-developed public transport network. Buses, trains, trams and underground lines will take you almost anywhere in the city in no time at all. Vienna public transport Wiener Linien operates five underground lines, 29 tram and 127 bus lines, of which 24 are night lines. Night lines only operate between 0.30 am and 5 am. On weekends and public holidays the Vienna underground remains at the service of its passengers all night. The Wiener Linien vehicle fleet currently consists of over 500 tramcars and more than 450 buses.
Tickets are available from machines at underground stations (Maestro debit cards accepted), at news agent‘s, or at Vienna Transport Authority‘s ticket offices. Tickets bought in advance are cheaper and must be punched in a blue ticket cancelling machine on the tram or bus, or at the barrier before boarding the underground train.
You can reach Messe Wien Exhibition & Congress Center using either:
- Via metro line U2 from Karlsplatz direction Seestadt, exit at the station Messe/Prater. The station Messe/Prater is just a short walk from Reed Messe or;
- Via bus lines 11A from Heiligenstadt and line 80b from Kaiserebersdorf direction Seestadt, stop Messe/Prater or;
- Via tramway line D direction Südbahnhof to Schottentor and tramway line 5 direction Praterstern to Praterstern, change there to U2 metro line.
Wiener Linien metro (U-Bahn) map
Vienna Convention Bureau logo
The Vienna Convention Bureau is your partner for planning and preparing events in the Meeting Destination Vienna.
The Vienna Convention Bureau was established in 1969 as a department of the Vienna Tourist Board with the help of the city of Vienna and the Vienna Chamber of Commerce and has been supported ever since.
More information: https://www.vienna.convention.at/en